I am pleased to advise you of the following important developments in the management of Battersby Kingsfield Limited (“BKL”) and the BKAsiaPacific Group:
- Cordia Yu, previously an associate director, is appointed as a full Director of BKL. As a chartered civil engineer, Cordia will continue to provide engineering and planning expertise into the company’s Commercial and Contract Management and Dispute Resolution assignments but will also now take responsibility, together with the other directors and consultant directors, for developing new business and the management of the professional services BKL provides to its clients.
- Alice Woo, a chartered certified accountant by profession and previously Group Finance Manager, is appointed to the Board of BKL as Director – Finance, Human Resources and Administration. In addition to being responsible for all financial, personnel, administrative and company secretarial matters within BKL, BK SURCO Limited and BK Asia Pacific Limited in Hong Kong, Alice will also, with the assistance of Janey Rogers, Group Business Manager, oversee all financial, personnel and administrative procedures within all Group companies to ensure corporate compliance within the jurisdictions of the Group’s operations.
- The appointment of Cordia Yu and Alice Woo to the Executive Board of BKL, which also comprises Alan Chan, Benjamin Lam, Channi S. S. Matharu and Jeffrey Wong with me as Chairman, will allow Nicholas Seymour to follow through with his wish to retire at age 65 as Managing Director of Hong Kong. Nicholas will be retained as a consultant director of BKL to concentrate on his Expert Witness work and other professional services he regularly provides to clients. He joins John Baker, Colin Johnston and Robert Pegg, who also act in consultancy roles for BKL, in continuing to contribute the necessary expertise expected by our clients in the professional services we provide.
- The appointment of Alice Woo as a director of BKL responsible for all financial, personnel and administrative matters within BKL and the Group overall will also allow me to take over the role of Managing Director of Hong Kong as well as the Group while, at the same time, allowing me more time to concentrate on my Expert Witness work and other professional services I provide to clients.
- Adam Nelson has been promoted to Regional Managing Quantity Surveyor with responsibility for the Quantity Surveying services provided by BKL in Hong Kong and overseas. In particular, he will work closely with Cecilia De Castro, General Manager and Director of BKL’s subsidiary, BK Philippines Inc. and provide support to the management of BKL’s QS team in Manila which, in addition to providing full QS services on projects in the Philippines, also provides QS Measurement services on projects in the Middle East, Hong Kong and elsewhere in the Asia Pacific region. In carrying out their respective roles in BKL’s QS Division both Cecilia and Adam will report to me as Group Managing Director. This will allow Colin Johnston to concentrate on the further development of our QS operations in Vietnam and elsewhere in the Indo-China region.
The above arrangements are designed to strengthen the management of both BKL and the Group through the promotion of younger suitably qualified personnel, who have proved their commitment and loyalty to the company as well as their professional capability and reliability to our clients, whilst at the same time retaining the knowledge and experience of those who have helped build up BKL’s successful track record over many years.